In this week’s episode, Jeremy talks to the co-founder of Hush Blankets, Aaron Spivak. Just coming off a successful exit, Aaron could tell us a lot about developing products with lasting potential and investing in the brand’s community. But today he and Jeremy also talk about the value of building (and scaling) a good team and why that is an essential component of a brand’s good growth. There are lots of decisions to make in hiring - when to do it, whether to take on freelancers or grow a team internally, and how to use generalists and specialists well as you grow. Listen ahead for great insight into how scaling a team can go hand-in-hand with scaling your business.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- How Hush Blankets incorporates their goal to make all interactions feel like they are in person at scale
- Why interfacing with customers, whether they are unhappy or happy, is the most important thing
- Why an unhappy customer can sometimes be more valuable to you than happy one
- How to scale hiring as your business grows: what to outsource and what to insource
- Aaron’s thoughts on hiring specialists vs generalists and when each is appropriate
- What qualities companies look for when they are hiring a generalist
- How to organize hiring principles when the labor market feels like the wild west
Never miss an episode
Help the show
What's the Team up to?